SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

Windows 10 Location

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

Windows 10 Location

Сообщение sailguru » 25 авг 2018, 19:30

Hi, I have installed this software on both a Windows 7 and 10 computer. I use other software with a GPS via a USB and it works on both machines, including the Windows 7, however on Windows 10, with all current updates, SAS.Planet connects to the GPS, but does not show the satellites or any other data!

I use my software as a yacht delivery skipper and GPS plays an important part for navigation. Why does the GPS data work on other software, including Windows 7, but not on SAS.Planet on the Windows 10? It is this one that I take on board.

sailguru
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Re: Windows 10 Location

Сообщение lohtse » 12 июн 2020, 21:05

Hi

I know it's hashing an old thread but my issue is similar too the original posters..

My main laptop is the HP2740p which has a GPS built it.. EVERY other application that can use a gps will see the built in one yet SASplanet does not... I set the port same as I do with all other apps and nothing... have even tried API setup and still nothing... any ideas folks??

regards
Lohtse
lohtse
Новичок

Сообщение olamira » 13 июн 2020, 13:07

Hi, I have the same issue. Two days ago I asked about this issue in Russian (I am Russian) but obviously the guys here are fed up the things are not working on Windows 10 so my message was erased. In the Russian part of the forum there was a Russian guy who got the issue two years ago once having updated Windows 10, he resolved it by manually checking and reinstalling drivers viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3093&p=45699&hilit=%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA%E2%80%A6%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B5%D1%82+gps#p46810
On the Windows 10 laptop I have an external GPS (Garmin) working fine with other navigation programs. But in SAS.Planet the GPS position shows up and disappears in a few seconds, no satellites signal strength from the top menu bar is shown either. At the same time, on Windows XP the GPS position is working, even though still no satellites appeared in the top menu window which may pop up later as I've read somewhere. If you find possible solutions please let me know. Good luck!
olamira
Новичок

Сообщение lohtse » 13 июн 2020, 21:02

I am using windows 7 ultimate..

Had tried unistalling and reinstalling the drivers and no difference, even tried a port splitter (software one) and still no difference. Like I have stated Internal gps works great with every other app(oziexplorer,memory maps,Garmin MobilePC,google earth, visual gps etc etc... Just ont with sasplanet.... Such a shame as has charts/maps that no other app has.
lohtse
Новичок

Вернуться в International visitors section