SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

SAS Planet feature requests

программа для загрузки и просмотра спутниковых снимков Земли, Луны, Марса предоставленных сервисами Google Maps и Космоснимки. Возможность работы с GPS приёмником.

Модератор: Tolik

SAS Planet feature requests

Сообщение fred » 06 июн 2014, 18:20

Hi all new English user here. Was a bit of a mission to register as an english user but finally managed it.

I've been reading through the SASGIS forum using google translate for around a month now. I think I have a fairly good understanding of the SAS planet program now and I am hopeing it will be an excellent tool for navigation.
So far I've got the program set up to display on an ipad using slashtop and connectify to show the laptop screen, the garmin GPS is plugged into the laptop to track and mark points, A little pc remote keyboard to control the various sat/maps, gps points/tracks, and to zoom in and out. I'll test out how the Ipad and SAS planet performs as a navigational aid and data collector when driving in the next few months, over some large distances in remote areas. I'm aware of the ipads flaw of not being good in sunlight so I'm going to make a sunshade for it and see how it goes.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post feature requests in the bugtracker in English, or if the google translate will do a good job of translating to Russian, So I'll post some here and hopefully some might be considered, I'm keeping in mind that the programs is probably not ment to be used this way at all, but hopefully someone will think one of my requests will be worth adding.

Requests:
UTM coordinates or Decimal degrees for placemarks - Not sure if this system is used much in Russia however its would make it much easier to manually enter a set of know coordinates into the program that you wish to navigate to. I"ll try testing a macro to open the garmin GPS GPX file as an alternative.

Live GPS track, point import/export. I know the SAS program has the capability to open GPX files - would be handy if you could plug in your gps and quickly import points/tracks.

Polygon labels for vector data. Displayed in other mapping programs, but not a big deal as you can click on a point and get a popup with the label information.

Placemark category search for marks - Having thousands of different points/tracks/polygons each containing many of the same keywords data. The ability to search by placemark category would highly improve the search results.

Hot buttons for placemark categories - for showing your vector data with a hotkey press like the maps/layers.

Import/export and placemark for geotagged photos - Probably a wierd request but I'd like to be able view where the photos were taken in SAS planet with a photo icon that you click to view the photo. I know you can do this by manually linking a photo to a placemark in the description however the process of linking each individual photo is kind of tedious, especially when the photo already contains the lat/long information.
fred
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Re: SAS Planet feature requests

Сообщение Tolik » 06 июн 2014, 20:40

Hi Fred and welcome!
Can I ask where are you from?
Why do you want to use iPad with all that bells and whistles i.s.o. just laptop?

Yes you can use English here and please do not ever use Google Translate.
If you wish some features please be more specific. It is not easy to understand by just feature names.

1. Decimal degrees - isn't it supported? Just select Degrees in Options - View.
2. Live GPS track - just connect GPS receiver to SAS.Planet and get live track.
3. Polygon labels - do you mean polygon placemarks?
4. Placemark category search - well, currently there is a limitation on the number of marks, it is not practical to store thousands of them because they are still stored in xml file, not in database.
5. Hotkey for placemark categories - how would you like to assign them?
6. Import photos with coordinates in exif is available, just drag and drop them on SAS.Planet window. Thumbnail does not appear, though.
Tolik
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 278 раз.

Сообщение fred » 07 июн 2014, 05:35

Hi Tolik thanks for replying back to me. I'm from Australia.

Why do you want to use iPad with all that bells and whistles i.s.o. just laptop?

The laptop is not really practical to use in a car when driving. I plan on mounting the ipad to the dash to use for navigation and data collection as you would a GPS or nuvi. I'll also have the GPS but would like to be able to see a larger screen as well as satellite imagery to make navigating through remote bush/country easier.

1. Decimal degrees - isn't it supported? Just select Degrees in Options - View.

I see it is supported this will make adding coordinates through a touch screen a little easier. I can see you can enter a coordinate without the °symbols which was what i was worried about.
2. Live GPS track - just connect GPS receiver to SAS.Planet and get live track.

I'm aware that you can live track in SAS planet. I guess i ment the ability to quickly exchange placemark and track data from GPS and SAS planet. if i record a placemark in the GPS it will show in SAS planet. And if i record a point in SAS it will add to GPS.
3. Polygon labels - do you mean polygon placemarks?

Yes at the moment when you create a polygon in SAS, the label name doesnt show, so you need a seperate placemark within the polygon to label it. Mapping programs like ArcGIS allow you to display the polygon label. This is useful for viewing grid information or property boundaries.
4. Placemark category search - well, currently there is a limitation on the number of marks, it is not practical to store thousands of them because they are still stored in xml file, not in database.

I was not aware of this limitation. I have thousands of different placemarks/tracks/polygons from different datasets and so far have had no problem loading them all into SAS under different categories in the placemark manager. The search seems to display them all as well. however as lots of the data contain the same keyword there are to many results listed.
5. Hotkey for placemark categories - how would you like to assign them?

I'm not sure if its possible to assign them. Say i create a category called 250k in the placemark manager that contains all the 250k grid information and want to hotkey its visability as you would a map or layer.
6. Import photos with coordinates in exif is available, just drag and drop them on SAS.Planet window. Thumbnail does not appear, though.

This function is to add your own map or satellite overlays? I guess this is what i had in mind. http://bokardo.com/archives/flickrs-geo ... ature-wow/
fred
Новичок

Сообщение fred » 13 июн 2014, 16:45

A couple more feature requests and questions. I dont know if i should enter my feature requests into the bugtracker in english? Question Is there a way to join tracks in SAS Planet? Attact to exsisting markers doesnt seem to do anything, what is its used for. and also a way to view the captions (KM/Azimuth) without editing the track. I also have a request for the search function, add the ability to search by title/name only. It curretly searches by name as well as description.

Cheers Fred
fred
Новичок

Сообщение vdemidov » 13 июн 2014, 18:00

fred писал(а):Question Is there a way to join tracks in SAS Planet? Attact to exsisting markers doesnt seem to do anything, what is its used for.

SAS.Planet doesn't have such function. I usualy export tracks to kml, edit it in notepad and import back to SAS.Planet.

fred писал(а):and also a way to view the captions (KM/Azimuth) without editing the track

SAS.Planet doesn't have such function.

fred писал(а): I also have a request for the search function, add the ability to search by title/name only. It curretly searches by name as well as description.

SAS.Planet doesn't have such function.
Чтобы понять программу, вы должны стать одновременно и машиной, и программой.
vdemidov
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 191 раз.

Сообщение Tolik » 13 июн 2014, 18:09

vdemidov писал(а):SAS.Planet doesn't have such function.

That's why it's called feature requests :)
Tolik
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 278 раз.

Сообщение zed » 13 июн 2014, 18:09

vdemidov писал(а):SAS.Planet doesn't have such function.

Оно и понятно. Топикстартер же просит feature request :)
zed
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 89 раз.

Сообщение vdemidov » 13 июн 2014, 18:17

fred писал(а): Question Is there a way to join tracks in SAS Planet?

Так что в первую очередь вопрос.
Чтобы понять программу, вы должны стать одновременно и машиной, и программой.
vdemidov
Гуру

Благодарил (а): 191 раз.

Вернуться в SAS.Планета