SASGIS

Веб-картография и навигация

How Do I Save And Recover Images?

English- or other language speakers welcome here
Please do not translate your native language to "broken Russian" via crappy machine translation services - please post it as it is, in your native language.

Модератор: Tolik

How Do I Save And Recover Images?

Сообщение abrogard » 19 июн 2019, 13:36

I do not understand how to save maps.
Is it automatic? I think not. I think we must make a selection first, right?
Then how to know what we have got saved?
Then how to view an area and print out that map?
I have a saved area I'm sure. I am viewing it. But I can't see how to print it. I can't see how to find it on my hard drive with some other image prog. I can't see how to add to it.
Can anyone help with those problems?
Here is the image I have:
Изображение
abrogard
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

Re: How Do I Save And Recover Images?

Сообщение QuickBird » 14 июл 2019, 05:48

G'day mate, its easier to save to SASplanet than to make an account on this forum, posting a message and getting a reply, much easier believe me.
You can't see a thing probably because google maps version is outdated.
For Google you need to go to Settings > Map Settings and set version to 840 (or whatever last version will be in the future)
There is 3 modalities Cache, Internet, Internet & Cache it is in the Menu as Source
When you browse the maps it will download and use the cached tiles
In the bottom bar it will say "downloaded" that is the number of tiles/data you have in the current session.
To view the area you need to browse the area.
Where files are stored?
All around the place. Under cache_sqlite folder if you use SQL3 (recommended), under "cache" folder, etc.
But you don't need to browse those files, just use the SASplanet.
I dont know if there is a "print" function. It's kinda useless. One way to print the thing out would be
Click on the selection icon at the top bar, choose poligonal or rather rectangular selection.
Select the area, click on the green tick, a dialog will open "Selection Manager".
Click on the tab "Stitch" and there you will found a series of settings about image size, format, folder, add layers, grids, zoom (it will default zoom for the zoom you select on display), quality, etc.
You'll get a generated image out of the stitched tiles that you could print.
The Selection Manager has all the functions along the tabs.
There are 3 working land sat maps Google (geo-eye satellite), Bing (late old Quickbird sat), and Mapbox (WorldView and a mix of other sats)
If you want to download very big areas then:
Go to the menu Settings > Options > Cache select SQLite3 in "Default cache type"
this to avoid data loss as the project is (or has been) defaulted to "SASplanet" kind of database that stores tiles as separate files and corrupt your MBR.
hope it helps
QuickBird
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 9 раз.

Сообщение abrogard » 14 июл 2019, 06:53

Hi..
I'm very pleased to meet you, as you can imagine, it's a bit bewildering here on your own as a newbie.
Thanks very much for the tips. Especially about the database, don't fancy having my MBR corrupted. Had that already in the past. No fun.
With your help I think I've finally got a grip on it. At least for making images from google earth.
I'd like to write it out for the sake of other English only speakers who might come looking:
Before you start: If you're going to use Google maps which you almost certainly are then visit 'nightly builds'
https://www.gisenglish.com/2018/06/download-sas-planet-nightly-all.html
and take note of the satellite map version boldly exhibit there in red - 847 right now it is - and enter it into your Sasplanet installation in Settings/Map settings/Map version.
And if you intend to have much data set for SQLite3 and avoid the chance of problems with Sasplanet default. Like this: Menu/settings/options/cache/default set to sqlite3.
SASPlanet basically works like this:
You browse to the area you want and then download a selection from it and then you make images from that 'cached' selection.
Now To Start :
. First get the area you are interested in onto the screen.
. Then use the Select tool (top left next to the 'move' arrow) to select the particular area you want. For instance rectangle.
( It can be used like this: click top left, it 'anchors' there, move to bottom right, the rectangle will be expanding , click again and the rectangle fixes at that size, that position. If it is wrong for some reason you can 'cancel' on the window that immediately opens up when the selection tool is done. )
. Then so you can see what's happening set View/'Cached Tiles Map'/click the zoom you want. And in the bottom section click 'Mark Existing Tiles' (You can do this at any time. You could have had it set before you started this procedure.)
. Then select 'Download' tab from the window that opens and select whatever zoom you want and so you will see the downloads with the 'view' you've just set the zoom figure must be the same as it. 'View' and 'download' the same figure.
. Then click 'start' and wait while it downloads. As the tiles come down they'll be show on the screen in dark shading.
. When finished you'll have a dark section on the screen showing the tiles you've just downloaded into your cache.
. To make an image go back to the Selection tool and make selection within your dark area, i.e. within your cached tiles.
. That same window opens up again, this time select 'Stitch'. This function 'stitches' your tiles together to make the image you want.
. Select or write in a location and name for the saved file.
. Make sure the zoom is the same as zoom of your cached files.
. Click 'Start' and it will be done.
It is a lovely little prog, all very simple and straightforward, intuitive even but I couldn't figure it without help and a bit of time so if there's anyone else perhaps shares my confusion perhaps this will help a bit. I hope.
p.s. Most of what I've written here I learned from Quickbird whom I thank for it. He got me started. :)
:)
Последний раз редактировалось abrogard 17 июл 2019, 13:03, всего редактировалось 4 раз(а).
abrogard
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

Сообщение QuickBird » 17 июл 2019, 10:33

abrogard писал(а):Hi..

Your welcome mate

You will be by default downloading tiles as you browse, this means your disk is going to be filling up. To be true the "Source" has not true "internet" mode, so you will be downloading the tiles every time.

If you look inside the SASplanet root folder you will find a file called LastSelection.hlg

This file is basically a series of begin-end coordinates points that will form a polygon/rectangle, this will tell the browser what files to ask the server (download mode) or look into database (stitch, etc)
Needless to say you need to download the tiles to then stitch them.

When you use a compact database many functions stop working, seriously couldn't matter less.
The important is your files are complete and healthy.

For this reason, whenever you need to have an area downloaded to use offline you must use the Download Function, this because if you browse over the area to "record" the tiles it might seem faster but you DROP TILES as you cacheing.

IF YOUR DOWNLOAD IS SLOW you need to:

go to the Menu Settings > Map Settings (dialog for map opens)
or Settings > Layer Settings (dialog for the overlays opens)

the fifth textarea says: Max concurrent http(s) requests number:
Make the number a good 64!
Repeat operation for layers, if you want.

This works for all good map services, for OSM, open topo, etc better make it 32 or the server will drop you off.
[further on you will notice a "download enabled" if you tick it off SASplanet will not request that map or layer]

Give OK

Now you make your selection with rectangle, polygon, etc. Remember that you can SAVE your selection clicking on the diskette icon. You can later reuse that selection by drag and drop into SASplanet display.

Click on the green tick (or press Enter). You have you black marked area and a dialog will open.
FIRST OFF go to the drop down and select the map or layer you want to download, this is tricky because the drop down defaults to the current map you view. If you want to select a layer, say "Traffic Google Maps", scroll, click and look again sharp.

Now you tick the last option "Split selection to, parts*: []
The "*Limited by max concurrent requests" must show "64"
Then you split into, say, 16.

Depends on your bandwidth, since every instance will eat 10 to 25 Kbps.
If you are short of bandwidth, you can go back and select 8 or 4.
If your bandwith is awesome you can increase to 21, 32.

Check that all is the intended: Map name, Zooms, ticked options. Then Start
Long story short now you go 16 times faster.

I have run 100 concurrent downloads with no errors, my UPS run at a 10%. No errors in database. I defaulted to SQLite3 of course.

If you want to STOP your download.
First PAUSE, then QUIT, in every window.

You don't need to save the session, if download is interrupted just relaunch and program will skip the already cached tiles.

If you accidentally close one of those little windows (well you are a fool) you just GO ON, then you will have to relaunch the download and correct that.

At menu
Operations > Selection Manager > Last Selection (also Edit Last Selection)
Fun fact Australia only mainland will do 57 million tiles up to zoom 17, 228 at zoom 18.
For such download you will need to make several selections and Split every one, and keep up the connection.
You will notice that traffic maps, wikimapia etc appears in cyrillic.
SASplanet url's are not good for us, most are outdated, they need extensive editing.

(edit)
I POSTED SOME TIPS ABOUT IT

In a couple of days I will send you the link of an improved SASplanet over PM, or better pass me an email.
(I have to remove some telltale things from it :mrgreen: )

Greeting from also down under
QuickBird
Новичок

Благодарил (а): 9 раз.

Вернуться в International visitors section